A conservative group in Texas is pushing for a bill to consider secession to be introduced into the Texas legislature in the next session. You can read the bill here [PDF]. Secession would most certainly have benefits, if it could be peaceably pulled off.
- An economy that would be somewhere between fifth and fifteenth in the world, depending on where you get your data.
- A population of 26 million that would be around 40th in the world.
- Lower Taxes.
- Greater rights and more Liberty.
- That touchy situation of another civil war...
- It would take some time to build up a good military.
I know there are a lot of differing opinions out there about this topic. I'd love to hear y'all's view on Texapendance (or any point I might have left out above) in the comments below.